Many people consider Labor Day to be the closing of summer time, so they
view it as their last chance to travel, go to the beach and fire up the
grill. Have fun this weekend, but don’t forget about safety. Here
are some tips to help you have a safe and pleasurable holiday.
Unfortunately, Labor Day weekend is one of the deadliest times for traffic
fatalities. The National Safety Council estimates 405 fatalities this
Labor Day weekend.
Tips for Safe Travel
- Don’t drink and drive.
- If you do drink, make arrangements for a designated driver or a taxi.
- Wear seat belts. It is estimated that 148 people may survive collisions
this weekend because they will have worn safety belts.
- Drive alert and exercise extreme caution at all times; observe speed limits
and watch out for careless drivers
- Make sure you have an emergency supply kit in your trunk.
- Let someone know your destination, your route, and when you expect to arrive.
Tips for Safe Swimming
- Be aware of the weather conditions before heading out to the beach or planning
a day at the pool.
- Provide constant supervision to children and to inexperienced swimmers
while they are in the water
- At the beach or public swimming places, always swim at designated swimming
areas supervised by a lifeguard.
Tips for Safe Grilling
- When coals have already been ignited, you should never add charcoal starter fluid.
- Keep the grill away anything that could catch fire, do your grilling away
from the house or tree branches.
- Keep children and pets away from the grilling area.
Even if you take all safety measures, accidents can still happen—in
which case you would need someone on your side to help protect your interests. At
Darrigo, Diaz & Jimenez, we not only care about your safety, we care about your rights. Therefore,
in the unfortunate event of a car accident, slip and fall, injury caused
by a defective product, or wrongful death claim, do not hesitate to contact
our office at (813) 774-3341 for a
thorough evaluation of your case. We will have your back 100%.